The Ins and Outs of Content Reuse–When and how to begin
Implementing content reuse may seem like a fairly straightforward task. Understanding how to assess, plan, and deliver completely and with precision is critical for success. A thorough review and analysis of your content sets you on the right path. Continuous monitoring through migration and after ensures return on investment.
DCL’s Harmonizer processes and analyzes thousands of pages at a time to identify redundant content in document collections at multiple levels of match including exact, similar, and dissimilar granules.
In this session we will:
- Address best practices in the initial assessment resulting in:
- Justification for your DITA project
- Outline of scope and project parameters
- Review cleanup tasks before, during, and after conversion
- What are the manual steps?
- What steps can be automated?
- Outline a plan for ongoing content reuse optimization
Meet the Presenter
Brian Trombley has over 35 years’ experience in helping clients implement content oriented processes and technologies for all aspects of publishing across a wide range of industry verticals. An early practitioner of structured content methodologies, Mr. Trombley was at the forefront of the SGML and XML revolutions and has helped clients successfully manage change and convert and leverage content for maximum business value.