Putting on the Technical Usability Tester Hat
How do you know if you’re delivering the right content, in the right format, to the right audience, and in the right channel? If you’re not sure, usability testing can help. At VMware, budgets didn’t allow for testing product content. So, we took some classes at Stanford and other institutions to gain the skills we needed to do this testing in-house. And now, we want to share it with you.
From this presentation, you’ll walk away with a fun hat trick: how we did it, how you can do it, and how your users will benefit. We’ll cover:
- How to know when testing can help improve your content
2. Tips for convincing your manager you need time to do it
3. Setting up the tests
4. Where to find testers, and how to convince them to participate
5. Running the tests
6. Analyzing the data and taking next steps
7. Convincing stakeholders to listen to your data
Meet the Presenter
Bonnie Kern is a Staff Technical Writer at VMware with over a decade of technical communication experience. She’s wildly passionate about user experience and believes we need to design exceptional information experiences for our users. Why? Because information is so much more than product documentation.